Based on the Courtside Report announced by 2K official, we have compiled the details of Mamba Moments, MyNBA, and The W. Mamba Moments is available in all versions of NBA 2K24, contrary to MyNBA and The W which are exclusive to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Mamba Moments Details
- 2001 Western Conference Semifinals, Game 4 (vs. 00-01 Sacramento Kings)
- Kobe Sets NBA Three-Point Record (vs. 02-03 Seattle SuperSonics)
- The Mentee Faces His Mentor (vs. 02-03 Washington Wizards)
- Kobe Erupts for 62 Points In Three Quarters (vs. 05-06 Dallas Mavericks)
- Three-Point Barrage Leads to 65-Point Game (vs. 06-07 Portland Trail Blazers)
- 2008 Western Conference Finals, Game 5 (vs. 07-08 San Antonio Spurs)
- 2010 NBA Finals, Game 7 (vs 09-10 Boston Celtics)
Clearing the challenges will also unlock rewards in MyTEAM and MyCAREER.
- The Magic vs. Bird Era, Jordan Era, and Kobe Era from NBA 2K23 are all back in NBA 2K24, along with the newly-added LeBron Era, which tips off in 2010.
- Players will noticeably age (i.e. start using older faces) when progressing through Eras. For example, Kobe Bryant will go from young “Frobe” to the shaved look he sported as an older, established star.
- Reactions from fans, pundits, and journalists will also change along with the Eras.
- After completing a game, era-appropriate media will display a recap. This begins with a newspaper in the Magic vs. Bird Era, and transitions into a “Web 1.0” style page in the 90s, for more authentic presentation in the News tab.
- MyNBA Online has expanded its roles, in order to give specific powers to members without the need to grant them complete control. There are now eight roles:
- Commissioner: The league owner can do everything
- Admin: Have all normal permissions, plus a few special permissions like trade veto/approval and rule change veto/approval
- Time Manager: Can pause, edit or add new timers
- Gameplay Tuner: Can edit large scale things that affect gameplay for the whole league, like sliders
- Attribute Editor: Can edit anything on a player that impacts gameplay like Vitals, attributes and badges
- Designer: Can create and edit team jerseys, arena and logos
- Appearance Editor: Can edit anything on a player that doesn’t directly impact gameplay
- MyNBA Lite is a streamlined franchise experience. It removes CBA restrictions, allows contracts to be extended whenever you like, provides 100% accuracy and visibility for upcoming Draft Classes, removes the need for scouting, and condenses the offseason into the Draft. In short, pick a team, and just focus on making the trades and Draft picks you want, and compete for championships.
- Big ticket items from the 2023 Collective Bargaining Agreement are accounted for in the Modern Era of MyNBA, including the luxury tax brackets scaling with the salary cap, larger Mid-Level Exception, positionless All-NBA teams, and so on.
The W Details
- Careers in The W now begin by selecting a background: The Prospect, a college basketball sensation, or The Undiscovered Gem, an up-and-coming player with international experience.
- Choosing to be a prospect starts out with a rating of 75 Overall, but with more league buzz. Being an international star raises your starting rating to 85 Overall, but you’ll have less notoriety. Each path will have its own perks and challenges.
- A new “In Pursuit of Greatness” feature pits your player against rival stars as you compete for fame and success in the WNBA.
- Contact Challenges on off-days have been replaced by pick-up games against a veteran on your team, a rival star you’re in a position battle with, and historic Legends. Defeating them will earn various Badge perks.
- Various rewards can be earned in The W Online, including content for MyTEAM, player gear, and Seasonal Badge perks.